Postdoctoral Associate, Neuroscience
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Doctoral degree (or foreign equivalent) in the field of Neuroscience.
Experience with patch clamp electrophysiology.
Brief Description of Duties:
The Postdoctoral Associate will assist the Principal Investigator in the department of Anesthesiology. The incumbent will conduct research in the field of neuropathic pain using patch clamp electrophysiology in nociceptors and spinal cord slices and ensure that all experiments are appropriately conducted following the policies and procedures of Stony Brook University.
- Within the predetermined research scope and methodology, conduct research experiments in the field of pain and spinal cord injury.
- Participate/assist the Principal Investigator in performing survival strategies in rodents.
- Collect and analyze data, including periodical/literature search and utilizing specialized skills in related field to analyze the collected data.
- Participate/assist in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentations. May also assist in grant writing.
- Lab maintenance, including equipment maintenance and ordering of supplies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned, which may include attending Scientific Conferences and Meetings.
The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Visit The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs to learn more about our postdoctoral community.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at (631) 632-6280 or visit OEA.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
To apply, visit https://stonybrooku.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2100734&tz=GMT-07%3A00&tzname=America%2FLos_Angeles
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency $GUID$