This ad is expired.
Administrative Coordinator (Hybrid Eligible)(Department of Neurology)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Administrative Coordinator (Hybrid Eligible)(Department of Neurology)
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
Penn's Brain Science, Translational, Innovation, and Modulation Center (brainSTIM Center) is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to support the work of the Center and the Center Director. The brainSTIM Center brings together a team of leading neuroscientists, neurologists, psychiatrists, psychologists, and engineers from the University of Pennsylvania who use groundbreaking neuromodulation techniques to research, repair, and enhance human brain function.
The Administrative Coordinator will be an integral member of brainSTIM's Operations Team, and will provide administrative and programmatic support for the brainSTIM Center, the Center's Operations Team, Center subcommittees, as well as the Director of the Center.
This position is hybrid eligible.
Targeted Pay Range: $22- $28
This Targeted Pay Range is only applicable to this job posting. All salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and job profile.
- Provide diversified and complex administrative assistance providing support for the operations team. Coordinate and attend Operations Team meetings. Manage email correspondences, field questions, and serve as the primary point of contact for inquiries about the Center.
- Provide organization assistance to the Center's Operations Team by managing deadlines, and project calendar(s), scheduling meeting(s), attending and assisting in those meetings, tracking action items, assisting subcommittees with their initiatives, document management, purchasing, and navigating approval process with the business office. Assist with meeting materials for Advisory Board Meetings and Year in Review document. Some website and social media management needed.
- Work on special projects as appropriate, such as retreats, cross departmental meetings, community engagement, and overall strategy planning tasks including: Coordinate Advisory Board Meetings, Industry Outreach Meetings, Year in Review Documents.
- Manage the Director's commitments, deadline and travel itineraries. Keep the operations team abreast of changes and high-level concerns as necessary throughout the week.
- Plan events such as colloquia, symposia, workshops, and other Center events, which includes coordination of travel, arranging catering, reserving space, etc. Produce expense reports; order and manage office supplies; create POs, track purchasing requests.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Arts, High School Grad/GE Degree, and 5 to 7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Ability to set and adjust priorities, learn new information quickly, be proactive and take initiative in problem solving.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven track record of working successfully both independently and as part of a team
- Possess a keen attention to detail, excellent customer service skills, strong writing, proofreading and professional communication skills
- Previous experience planning both small- and large-scale events.
- Candidate must be experienced users of Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), mail merges, document sharing (e.g. Box), Mac and Windows operating systems. Experience managing social media, and website management applications is highly desired.
- Preferred candidates will have demonstrated cultural competencies and communication skills necessary to relate to donors, faculty, industry sponsors in a professional manner.
This position is contingent upon grant funding.
Job Location - City, State
Hybrid Eligible - This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with a work week divided between working onsite and working remotely.
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$20.45 - $30.82
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family-whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement-and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/HUP/Administrative-Coordinator--Hybrid-Eligible--Department-of-Neurology-_JR00063607-1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency